IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ADOPTION
- Please read our Frequently Asked Questions about adoption
- The first step in the process is to complete our online application
- A representative of HBHR will evaluate your application and may ask you to elaborate on some of your answers.
- HBHR will do a “vet check” if you currently own or previously owned pets. This means we will contact your veterinarian to make sure you have kept your pet’s vaccinations and/or heartworm preventative current.
- HBHR will request a “home visit”. A representative from HBHR will visit your home to make sure the fence is secure, among other things.
- Once all of the above is done, you can then begin meeting the dogs you are interested in, and decide which one you would like to adopt.
- You must then purchase a tag for your new pet which displays your telephone number.
- Once you officially adopt the dog, you will sign a contract stating you will take proper care of the dog.
- You will be given his/her medical paperwork, a month’s supply of Heartgard and revolution, a leash, and a collar.