IF YOU HAVE LOST YOUR DOG
If you have lost your beloved pet, please use the following resources:
- PetHarbor.com (List of Shelters in your area with photos of dogs and cats currently in the shelter). Be aware that some descriptions of breeds are incorrectly identified, so be sure to “View All”
- Post “lost” signs in areas it is allowed.
- Nearly every part of town has a Lost and Found page on sites like Facebook, Craigslist, and Bookoo. Dogs can travel surprising distances in just a couple of days. Be sure to post your dog’s info on websites of surrounding areas also.
- Check with various local vets, rescue groups, and neighborhood groups.
- If your dog is microchipped, please contact the microchip company, to notify them that your dog is missing and also to confirm that your contact info is up to date. If not already chipped, please consider doing that asap when your dog is found. This can be done by most veterinary clinics or shelters and is so helpful for pets that have slipped a collar or are missing a tag. Also be sure that your pets wear a collar with their current address/phone number on it at all times because not everyone who finds a dog will know, or have the opportunity, to take it in to be checked for a microchip.
Have you FOUND a dog? Click HERE.